Thursday, March 30, 2006

Stop, turn. Take a look around...

Everything, everything we've had, out of sight, out of mind, given that what I see when I dream, hurts like hell and back.


Been listening a lot of Switchfoot and Yellowcard lately. 2 of my favourites, each came out with their new album not too long ago. Every song in these albums, and I mean each and every one of them, hits a spot.


"I've been up late writing books, all about heroes and crooks" - Sure Thing Falling

"Left the ground, in black and white, and when the plane went down, the colours all around..." -
Rough Landing, Holly


"And then you hear'em say, that miles away, we lost another that we sent with a gun" -
T
wo Weeks From Twenty

"So
n, I am not everything you though that I would be, but every story I have told is part of me..." - How I Go

Yellowcard's Lights and Sounds.

Yellowcard
certainly grew up a bit since Ocean Avenue, with their unique style of violins backed by superb drumming and underlined with honest-political-emo lyrics. Not bound by their punk influences, they've made a few experiments with some jazz elements and orchestral feel, just the way I like it.



"Singing without tongues, screaming without lungs" - Lonely Nation

"Happy is a yuppy word, nothing in the world could fail me now..." - Happy Is A Yuppy Word

"War and love become pedantic, we wage love with a mistletoe" - Easier Than Love

"Pain, give yourself a name...call yourself contrition, avarice of blame" - Daisy



Switchfoot's Nothing Is Sound

Always loved them. This album is filled with songs that mostly mirror our hopes, fears, relationships and insecurities as such, nicely between major and minor keys. Beautiful lyrics and arrangements adds to the sweetness. Sheer beauty.


Nothing much done today, spent a few hours studying and drumming in YAC. Reflected in CG today...about the important things in our lives...and if God were to make us let go one of them, which one it will be the first to go...reflections are good, makes us grateful, haha.

To another day, another sunrise. Cheers.


Yellowcard - Waiting Game

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home